The 2nd Summer School on Ibadism
The 2nd Summer School on Ibadism took place on Procida Island (Naples), Scuola di Procida per l’Alta Formazione, University of Naples "L’Orientale" on 8-13 October 2018, as a joint initiative of the University "L’Orientale" of Naples, the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki and the College of Shar‘īa Sciences of the Sultanate of Oman.
The Summer School focused on:
IBADISM AND MUSLIM IDENTITY IN THE GLOBAL ERA
It addressed, in a comparative and multidisciplinary perspective, the following issues:
- Ibadism and globalization
- Ibadism in diaspora – Muslim/ Ibāḍī identity in diaspora
- Re-reading the Ibāḍī sources today
- Contemporary Ibadism especially in Oman and Zanzibar;
- Specifities of Omani and Maghribi Ibadism.
- Eastern and Western Ibadism (how local culture and belonging affected fuqahā’ and their fatwā)
The Organizers (in alphabetical order)
Prof. Ersilia Francesca (University of Naples “L’ Orientale”)
Assoc. Prof. Angeliki Ziaka (Aristotle University of Thessaloniki)